Get your diary back out and scribble out a load of those fixtures you’d written in for the new season. Most of you are used to it by now, but the fixtures have all now been changed. In the main it’s for the benefit of Sky TV (and the money from Sky helps LFC bid for the likes of Daniel Alves so we shouldn’t grumble) plus a couple of other changes.
The fixtures against Newcastle (home) and West Ham (away) aren’t changing for sake of the cameras, in fact the West Ham game is next year and could yet be moved again due to FA Cup commitments. Either way, it’s only a day different!
Sky want to see how Liverpool cope with the first game in the top flight for Neil Warnock’s Sheffield United. They also want to treat TV viewers to Liverpool’s games against West Ham, Everton, Chelsea, Spurs, Bolton, Man United, Arsenal, Boro, Charlton and Blackburn.
In addition to these games will be Champions League fixtures to look forward to on TV – assuming Liverpool get through the 3rd round qualifying ties in August.
- Sheffield United v Liverpool. August 19. Kick-off: 12.45pm
- Liverpool v West Ham. August 26. Kick-off: 12.45pm
- Everton v Liverpool. September 9. Kick-off: 12.45pm
- Chelsea v Liverpool. September 17. Kick-off: 1.30pm
- Liverpool v Newcastle. September 20. Kick-off 8pm (not currently planned to be televised).
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. September 23. Kick-off: 12.45pm
- Bolton v Liverpool. September 30. Kick-off: 12.45pm
- Manchester United v Liverpool. October 22. Kick-off: 1pm
- Arsenal v Liverpool. November 12. Kick-off: 4pm
- Middlesbrough v Liverpool. November 18. Kick-off: 5.15pm
- Charlton v Liverpool. December 16. Kick-off: 12.45pm
- Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool. December 26. Kick-off: 3pm
- West Ham v Liverpool. January 30 2007 (not currently planned to be televised).